Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Random Updates

Desi Sprawl

Here are a couple of interesting Desi tidbits I thought I would pass along to the DESIBLOG readers.

First, who knew that IKEA, the world-famous store where budget conscious yuppies furniture shopped catered to South Asian's? Well I didn't.

Thanks to nice guy hemanth, I, and now you can check out IKEA's Diwali catalogue (in .pdf format) here.


I don't know if any of you watch the Soprano's, but there were a couple of Desi connections in the season 5 opener. The show, which in the past has had Desi actors, and even highlighted Desi involvement in calling-card scams (I think out of Jersey City), not only featured an Indian reporter Sukanya, played by Sukanya Krishnan (I slow-mo'd the credits), I think it also had Meadow, listening to some sort of Desi beats in her car--but cannot be positive.


And Lastly, what random DESIBLOG post could be complete without some music tidbits. A new hip-hop single is out featuring a collaboration between Method Man and one of my favorite rappers, Busta Rhymes called "What's Happenin?" The tune features as its background melody, none other than the guitar riff from the classic Bollywood tune, Dum Maro Dum. This track is going to feature on Method Man's upcoming LP Tical 0: The Prequel. If you register, you can here the song on the Wu-Tang website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home