Saturday, April 23, 2005

SUPERSYSTEM--Always Never Again

Although this isn't a strictly desi post, I wanted to highlight a new release by Supersystem, formerly el guapo, entitled always never again (touch and go) that some of you may be interested in, especially those of you that enjoy electronic beats mixed with various other musical elements. Like most of the music I highlight on the blog, there is some ethnic influence, but it isn't as overt as in many of the music selections that I usually point to in this space. Anyway, I just saw the band perform last night in Washington, and like usual, I came away impressed with their performance.

Give it a try, you might like it.
To hear two of my favorite tracks from their record, "born into the world," and "defcon," click here, to see the video for "born into the world", click here (to be honest--I am friends and used to work with the singer featured in the video--Rafael Cohen), and to purchase the album from amazon, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home