Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Thanksgiving
Even though I am Vegetarian, I have always loved Thanksgiving. The sides are great, and the pies are even better. The holiday has improved for me though, the past few years with the increase in availability of soy products, and imitation meat items like Tofurky and my personal favorite brand, Morningstar Farms. Anyway, I probably won't be blogging for the next few days since I will be out of DC until next week. Until then, I hope everyone in the states has a pleasant thanksgiving holiday. I know I will remain thankful as long as the powers that be don't lead us into a needless, wantless, and senseless war.

Also, I feel the need to highly recommend Michael Moore's latest film, Bowling for Columbine. Not only will it leave you thinking (it is also a great conversation piece during the holidays), but maybe it will convince some people that there really is not a need for so many guns to be in this country, especially those of the automatic and semi-automatic variety. I know, I know, "it is our right to carry a firearm. The second amendment says so." I am certain the words of the second amendment are comforting words for the families of the victims of columbine, of the sniper killings, or for the families of anyone who has had their lives innocently yanked from them as a result of firearms. Just because owning a gun is a right, doesn't mean someone should do it. Burning the flag is a right, but I along with many Americans don't do that everyday. Anyway Happy Holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home