Thursday, December 11, 2003

Amazon.com: Books: Away: The Indian Writer As an Expatriate

Away: The Indian Writer As an Expatriate


Routledge has just published an amazing collection of short stories (available on Amazon.com) and other fine booksellers, entitled--you guessed it-- Away--The Indian Writer As an Expatriate. Edited by Amitava Kumar (click here to read my review of his book Bombay-London-New York) the collection includes stories by Kumar, Salman Rushdie, Pankaj Mishra, Rohinton Mistry, Bharati Mukerjee, VS Naipaul, as well as MK Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Sarojini Naidu, and many, many others. From what I have been able to skim through so far, the collection is awesome, and covers a lot of ground.

Also, if anyone knows how to get their hands on a copy of Mishra's Butter Chicken in Ludhiana, please let me know. I can't seem to find a copy. I know Penguin India is the publisher, but cannot seem to find it stateside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home