Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Mirror.co.uk - ER'S NEELA ON THE PRICE OF SUDDEN FAME

Parminder Nagra on the Price of Sudden Fame

The Mirror (UK) has an awesome, and pretty in-depth interview/article with Bend It Like Beckham's (and now ER's) Parminder Nagra. In the article, 28 year old Nagra, who plays third year medical student Neela Rasgotra on ER, discusses everything from homesickness and missing Indian food to her love life and her friendship with fellow British co-star Alex Kingston (who plays surgeon Dr. Cordet).

My favorite part of the interview is when Nagra discusses how fast the whole being casted onto ER was and how her "mum" lwas happy about the part because she, like many Indian parents wanted her child to be a doctor.

"It happened so quickly I couldn't think twice about it," says the Leicester-born actress. "If for one moment I had stopped and thought about what the hell was happening, I would have gone crazy."

But at least her mum is proud of her. Parminder jokes that all good Indian families want their daughters to be doctors anyway.

"I guess that acting would not have been my parents' first choice of career for me," she says. "Now that I'm playing a doctor, it's probably a dream finally come true, especially for my mother!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home