Monday, October 11, 2004

Return from Abroad

I have just returned to Washington from a month in South Asia. I hope to start posting again soon--probably tomorrow. Visiting the sub-Continent is always an interesting thing for me. For one thing, it is always a neat feeling, just to be where everyone looks just like you, speaks just like you, eats just like you. More than that, the place breathes life into me in a way that no place I have been ever has. Just watching, smelling, hearing and seeing makes every polluted day there amazing for me.

Anyway, kind of quickly, I picked up a few books and cd's while I was gone, and am currently engrossed by Suketu Mehta's (so-far) excellent work, Maximum City: Bombay: Lost and Found. I haven't really been able to put it down since I began reading it a couple of days ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home